I'll get back to reviewing reprint books later this week. In the meantime, I thought I'd share a personal story .
Last Saturday, I attended the Virginia Comicon held here in my hometown of Richmond, VA. The guest of honor was one of the Bronze Age's greatest writers and the man who made the X-men what they are today, Chris Claremont.
We waited in line for about an hour to meet Claremont and it was worth it. I was glad I had the chance to personally thank Claremont for shaping the Marvel Universe I grew up with and writing so many enjoyable stories over the years. He was friendly to us during our brief interaction, signed a few Bronze Age comics and agreed to pose for a photo with me.
Claremont also delivered a very entertaining Q & A session with fans. He told stories about collaborating with Dave Cockrum and John Byrne on Uncanny X-Men and did a great impression of Stan Lee. Claremont's talk was was recorded for the Full Grown Fanboys podcast and can be heard in its entirety at this link:
Episode 086 - Q&A Panel with Chris Claremont
Thanks to the staff and volunteers of Virginia Comicon for together a fun event, I look forward to attending more of their events in the future!
Thursday, May 14, 2015
A visit to the Virginia Comicon!
Labels:
Chris Claremont
,
Dave Cockrum
,
John Byrne
,
Marvel Team-Up
,
Ms. Marvel
,
Virginia Comicon
,
Wolverine
,
X-men
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)

Excellent picture, J.A.! Those are indeed thrilling times, meeting those who've given us so much joy in comics.
ReplyDeleteDoug